Great opportunity to get up close to a fantastic range of landscapes, flora and fauna – see the Two Styx Flora and Fauna.
- Over 40 species of bird life have been identified on our property – the Flame Robin (Petroica phoenicea) is one of our favourites.
- BirdLife Australia has lots of resources and an excellent quarterly magazine.
- Point Lookout is situated in the Great Eastern Ranges, a corridor which stretches 3 600km along eastern Australia.
- Gondwana Rainforests on our property as well as the adjoining New England National Park with a diversity of flora including the spectacular Antarctic Beech (Northofagus Moorei).
- Perched on the edge of The Great Escarpment is Point Lookout which provides breathtaking views over the Bellinger, Nambucca and Macleay river valleys and 70km away to the Pacific Ocean.
- Graeme Chapman’s website is a another great resource.
- Check out this great site: Complete Guide to Bird Watching from Your Window And thanks to Lauren for finding this site and letting me know so that others can use it.
Check out the recent rain at Point Lookout BOM station which is about three kilometres away.